LWL and CERA (through LWL) do have exposure to Plantation sector mainly Tea and Rubber.
* Some thing common to all the companies is huge difference between trailing PE and forward PE. I think we
must follow the forward PE ratio as it gives economic hardships faced by the sector.
* Out of five companies three have reported losses in the June quarter. Can we expect some thing better in
the September? I think problems they faced in the June quarter continued into the September also.
Sluggish economic conditions affecting sales, high energy costs, above average short term borrowings in a
high interest rate regime, all may have affected the earnings.
* There wasn't much demand for this sector , except for RCL during last rally. Probably investors may have
thought, prevailing economic conditions are not favorable to the sector.
* When considering Book Values, CERA, LWL and PARQ are much bellow their book values.
* Other than RCL and PARQ, other shares are bit illiquid and collecting a sizeable quantity within a short
period of time is bit difficult.
* I think we shouldn't hurry into this sector.
- Posts : 74
Reputation : 43