Sri Lanka Equity Research
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GUAR & CINV Comprehensive Portfolio Analysis

Go down

GUAR & CINV Comprehensive Portfolio Analysis Empty GUAR & CINV Comprehensive Portfolio Analysis

Post  Seyon Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:24 pm

Hi Friends

I just analyzed the CINV and GUAR portfolio @ current market value. We all can see, time to time CARS group has rally to reflect its growth in performance. We have been watching last three months Group shares have upward momentum and continuous upward trend in share price for the various reason like group restructure program and growth in its performance. So this is good time to share our thoughts on both largest investment trust fund in Sri Lanka.

To analyze both the fund portfolio I extracted number (No of shares holding in invested companies) from last year annual report ( 31.03.2010) and reconciled with relevant companies last quarter reports. Out of that Investment holding in HNB and COMB cannot be reconciled with annual report numbers, there may be disposal during this year, others managed to reconcile with quarter results. Further I would say there won’t be major divestment in their long term investment holding( specially in HNB,COMB and JKH( CINV holding)). Hence, to my analyze, I kept those nos (share holding in HNB,COMB and JKH (CINV Holding))

Further value related to short term portfolio, unquoted investment and investment in Sri Lanka Fund, those have been extracted from last quarter report ( 31.12.2010).

When u look at the total portfolio/share in market value terms, CINV is Rs.186 and GUAR is Rs.369. And realized gain for CINV 111Mn and GUAR 361Mn. EPS reflects to CINV Rs.11 and to GUAR Rs.15. If u analyze the both the companies long term portfolio are very strong. There won’t be any marginal drop even when the mkt trend is in unstable.

Further GUAR portfolio is little bit high due to recent strategic investment in WAPO as It is been trading at premium

Pls share your thoughts and views…

Pls see the attachment of the brief portfolio analysis

Happy Trading

Seyon

Seyon
Research Author

Back to top Go down

GUAR & CINV Comprehensive Portfolio Analysis Empty Re: GUAR & CINV Comprehensive Portfolio Analysis

Post  Seyon Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:48 pm

Hi Friends

Pls Find the attached of the portfolio analysis... I forget to update with earlier post

seyon
Attachments
GUAR & CINV Comprehensive Portfolio Analysis Attachment
CINV & GUAR.xlsx Portfolio AnalysisYou don't have permission to download attachments.(14 Kb) Downloaded 103 times

Seyon
Research Author

Back to top Go down